Saturday, September 18, 2010

day 15: "leavin' on a jet plane"

Sadly day 15 came with great sadness " Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again, oh baby, I hate to go." It was unfortunate that these lyrics ring true. It was hard to leave such an amazing place, not work, just play. The next few days after our return were blurred. I was SO jet lagged and it didn't help that daylight savings was just around the corner. We also experienced once again, some culture shock returning back to the city life. I remember getting ready to drive out of the shopping center parking lot feeling overwhelmed by the busyness of the city and feeling as if I didn't belong here. Believe it or not after living most of our lives here, we actually felt we didn't belong. Don't get us wrong, we love it here, but there's something to living a move simplified lifestyle, not just the typical "relaxed" atmosphere of island life, but deeper than that. It forces you to focus on the important things in life. This experience brought Jay and I closer together. A close friend of mine noticed that the island of Kauai had changed us. That we weren't the same couple as we were when we left. We'd like to think it's for the better.

No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.