Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Boat Parades

Jay's family, friends, and their neighbors all charted a boat for the Newport Beach/Balboa Boat Parade. We had catered food, carolers, and lots of beautiful lights to view. Everyone had a wonderful time and are hopeful we'll do it again for 2010. Unfortunately it was the evening in which I got some discouraging news. My grandparents (on my mom's side) were on the phone arranging details for their arrival into California the next day, when my grandpa fell ill and was rushed to the ER. Come to find out he had a gangrenous gallbladder that required emergency surgery. They had to cancel their trip out to celebrate Christmas with us. In spite of the news, we REALLY enjoyed the parade.

Jay even won one of the raffles. He got a gift certificate to El Torito.
A few days later, my parents took Jay and I along with his parents to dinner and then to the Huntington Harbor Boat Parade. We had a GREAT time too, but for whatever reason I didn't get as many pictures.

No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.