Tuesday, May 19, 2009

making a comeback

Dearest Family & Friends,

Thank you so much for praying and walking me through my journey of surgery. It has been a bit bumpy, but what a blessing to be surrounded by the faith, prayers, encouragement, and support of each of you. We had such peace about things.

Today I drove for the first time in nearly two weeks. It felt strange, but gave me such freedom. I know I still need to take it slow and allow myself to rest and heal and EASE myself back into life. But what a blessing to now be able to get out of the house as I had a touch of "cabin fever." I still can't lift anything over 10 lbs for the next three or so weeks (and I'm not really sure I want to, ouch!) , but it's good to be getting back to my "old self." Last night after Jay got off work we stocked up on some much needed groceries, as well as enjoy a delicious Mexican dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Now that the pain has decreased so much, I do notice a change within my heart. I don't feel "strange" anymore. I continue to have some back pain, and also soreness, tenderness, and itching at the incision sight, but it's all part of the healing process. I received good news today that my lab work and chest x-ray have come back all normal. YEAH! I'm much more mobile then I was before, which has made me cough more, so if there was any fluid in my lungs, it's working it's way out. Also since I've stopped the narcotic pain killers and antibiotics the stomach issues have resolved, guess they were the cause.

Our deepest thanks again for all the cards, notes, texts, phone calls, blog comments, gifts, flowers, house cleaning, and meals!!!!! Thank you for "rallying" around us; we are so blessed to have you in our lives!

jTe

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Erica, I'm so glad everything went so well. God is so faithful. I'll be praying for your healing process.

Jennifer said...

Yea! So glad all the labs came back normal...you've been through enough. Now time to heal. Hang in there, we are thinking of you often.

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.