Wednesday, May 6, 2009

comforter

Thank you everyone for all the best wishes, thoughts, prayers, and encouraging words as I prepare for tomorrow. After tiding up the house, I appreciated the wonderful lunch today with my friends Debra & Becca along with their prayers. It was a great time of fellowship, something I realized I needed. I wanted to spend the day at home, but recognize that leaving myself alone to my thoughts wasn't the smartest thing to do the day before surgery. So "THANKS" for helping foster an environment where I can have fun and be at peace.

At bible study yesterday my friend Judith asked me if I had a comforter on my bed. I thought it was a strange thing to ask, but when she explained herself I saw God in a new light. Judith said think of God as your "comforter" while you're in bed. I thought this would be a helpful visualization technique while I'm being wheeled into the OR, but it wasn't until I went in for my massage later that day, did it become real to me and I fully understood what she meant . As I laid there on my stomach, looking at the carpeted floor, vulnerable, on the semi narrow massage table I realized how large the blanket and sheets where that covered me. Have you ever noticed that? They're like a queen size on a twin size bed, they envelope you. It was then I understood what Judith was sharing with me. Understanding that God is BIGGER then we are, bigger then everything, and you can just snuggle up allowing His arms to wrap around you and be at peace. I will think of my "comforter" (thanks Judith) and Kauai (thanks Matt & Julie) as I try to calm those butterflies.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

I also wanted to let you know that my surgery time has been moved from 7am to 1pm. I have to be at UCLA at 11:30am. We're a little relieved about the surgery time change. We don't have to get up so uncharacteristically early anymore. The surgery is estimated to take between 2-4 hours long. It's still uncertain if I will have to stay overnight, but we're packing an overnight bag just in case. We'll have our laptop with us so I'll have Jay send out an email update or post something on the blog. I also have meals covered through Monday night (thanks guys). Thanks again for all the support. It has been amazing and we feel SO loved!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Will be praying for you.

Unknown said...

Praise God for His timing in your surgery & healing. Thanking Him, too, for His presence in good friends.
You are in our prayers.
Peggy

mamaca said...

We are praying........
And know that God has His perfect plan working in your life today.

I'll be waiting for the good news.

Elaine

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.