Saturday, May 9, 2009
just breathe
Today I battled my bandage today by removing all the tape. Thank God for Detachol the magic potion. My wound feels better, not itchy. I had to leave the steri strips on so I can't tell how many stitches I have, but things look good. Since I've been home I've been running low grade fevers. Today we called the hospital after a 100.4 temperature. Basically fevers after a pacemaker replacement are due to infection or lack of breathing caused by pain issues. So since my wound looks good, no sign of redness or drainage he said it's because I'm not breathing deeply enough. Which I'm sure is true. I breath shallow because of the pain if I take in a deep breath. The doctor called in a refill on my antibiotics giving me another five days. If I continue to have fevers then I'll need to go to the ER. So my plan is to "just breathe."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.
1 comment:
I have been following your progress almost daily and thrilled all has gone so well thus far. Breate deep and remember you are loved.
Dr. Phyl
Post a Comment