Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Energized

I'm sorry that I haven't kept up with the blog and hope that this hasn't caused for worry in regards to my recovery. Please consider it good news as I have been busy returning to life and normalcy. Since my last post, I returned to bible study and working for my friends, enjoyed many lunch dates which included a few belated birthday celebrations, cooking dinner, attending my nephews playoff baseball games, began to make plans for our Hawaii vacation, returned to church, and read 5 books in the month of May! And just to add, my brother turned 21 the beginning of this month! I'll be sure to post celebration pictures as soon as we celebrate; we had to postpone it. I have been sure to not "overdue it" by doing an outing or a few errands a day and then allowing myself to rest at home for the remainder of the day. My energy has returned and I look forward to easing back into exercising next week. I still am unable to lift anything or swim for another week according to discharge orders, but I also don't want to push myself either. I mean, discharge orders said I'd be back to normal activities by post-op day four, but that never happened! Since my last post I also had a pacemaker phone check which the technician said looked great! I have an in clinic pacemaker check scheduled for August. I've also removed all the rest of the steri strips that were over my incision. Things are healing nicely. Its strange, but you can see a few of the internal stitches. I still have some swelling around the incision, but things look good. I have a few more weeks before I can begin to put anything on the incision to help the scar heal. I'm hoping, as many of you have joked, that this pacemaker will make me out to be the "Energizer Bunny."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do NOT need the pacemaker to make you any more of an Energizer Bunny. You take care of that yourself.

Debbie said...

Great news! Hope to see you this summer.

Nicol said...

Wow, didn't realize I was missing so much by not having a computer!!! Well I just read everything, and now I understand. Glad to hear that you are doing well and recovering. Also, how awesome about the Harvey's contest. I have one (its red) and I LOOOOOVE it, I can carry a diaper and wipes and milk in it, and if the milk spills I just wash it. My sister found a bigger one at a garage sale and bought it for me, so I am excited. :) Have fun on your vacation!!!

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.