Saturday July 19th after settling back on postpartum unit after my bleeding episode, I enjoyed spending time with family, patio time, and outside food. Jay came with many packages for me to open which made it feel like Christmas in July. I was also surprised to learn my fluid was up to 7.3 (highest it's been).
Thanks again to Jenee, Mark, and Alexis for finding a Thomas Broncos Jersey.
Kate was SO excited!
Kate was SO excited!
Someone got worn out visiting mommy.
On Wednesday July 23rd Kate enjoyed playing in Debra's backyard and later with our neighbors new puppies. No we're not getting a puppy (or any other pet for that matter)!
That evening I had my first dinner party. Ryan and Amanda came and brought delicious homemade enchiladas. They even planned so I could have some leftovers for the week. I believe this is the first time they've come together due to their busy schedules, so that was a treat in and of itself. They were also here when I had my ultrasound to check my fluid; it was up to 6.8.
It felt like a true celebration since my parents came, Uncle Jim and Aunt Maureen (Ryan's parents were visiting from Colorado), Amanda and Ryan too. We had lots of laughs over lunch.
I was hoping for better news on my 30th week, but my fluid dropped to 3 which meant I had to return to the Labor and Delivery unit for continuous monitoring to watch for cord compression until my fluid increased. After my party I was taken to what I call a "closet." This room was very narrow with no window, and totally claustrophobic. I was in the room one night. The following day I was moved to my old room on the unit. Although my fluid got up, I was stuck on the unit until a room became available back on postpartum.
the closet room
Saturday July 26th Jay and Kate visitied. Then my parents picked Kate up to take her to lunch and the beach so Jim and Maureen, Ryan and Amanda could spend time with her. This gave Jay and I some much needed alone time to talk about life at home, work, and plans for delivery.
Sunday July 27th Kate enjoyed time with Yia-yia and Pa-pou, Bryan, and Christina.
Kate finally is tall enough for her bike.
heading to lunch
Monday this week I started with a visit from Uncle Jim, Aunt Maureen, and Amanda over a bagel breakfast before Amanda took them to the airport. By lunchtime there were 11 discharges on the postpardum unit so I was finally able to move back.
That evening Christina came with her brother Peter to give me a haircut. It was fun to chat and have a haircut that made me look and feel better. This is my first haircut in the hospital and hopefully my last.
before
during
after
Yesterday afternoon I was put on continuous monitoring for some "irritabilities" on the contraction monitor. This has happened before. I didn't have contractions per say, but they noticed some mild movement, enough to keep an eye on. I don't feel anything which is a good sign. Early evening I enjoyed visiting with Ryan who brought some In N Out (upon my request) to help combat my boredom of hospital food. Of course my cardiologist would come to visit late and I was caught red handed eating my burger and fries. By late evening I had some mild bleeding. I slept with the contraction monitor on and woke up early this morning with more bleeding. Unfortunately, this warranted me moving back to Labor and Delivery unit. My exam showed that my cervix is still closed and bleeding is likely from my placenta. Still waiting for my ultrasound. I will be staying here on the baby and contraction monitor. If I have more contractions (then the few mild ones I've already had), irritabilities, or increased bleeding then they will restart the mag drip. As before, they just have to make sure this isn't the start of preterm labor or any problem that would require emergency delivery. I have talked with the ob's about just keeping me on this unit so I'm not having to continually switch rooms; they seem to agree.




























No comments:
Post a Comment