supervising
Amanda helped decorate my apartment for the holiday.
Cousin Ryan came to visit before heading off to celebrate with friends.
Here's Kate just after swimming lessons.
She enjoyed spending the holiday with the Thomas clan.
She enjoyed spending the holiday with the Thomas clan.
My blood pressure keeps going low and coming back up. They say this is typical in the second trimester and also because I'm primarily on bed rest. I'm not symptomatic, although sometimes I can get quite tired. They don't plan to change my heart medication unless my blood pressure stays low. Found out I'm anemic again so they have doubled my iron dose. That may have also contributed to being tired at times too. Earlier they did hear a pocket of fluid in my lung so I had to do a breathing exercise, but after a few days my lungs were clear again. Looks like they would induce right at 34 weeks on the dot, so August 22nd could turn out to be Spud 2's birthday. Also have to pray the baby turns by then so I don't have to have a c-section. There's nothing they can do to make the baby turn because of it's age and size, and it's harder for the baby to turn when there's little fluid, so we'll wait and see.
On Friday I had an ultrasound back at labor and delivery unit with the better equipment. Mom drove up to visit and see her grand baby. Things continue to look good. Baby is now 2 lb 3 oz which we're told is normal size for it's gestational age. Spud 2 will be growing at a faster rate as the pregnancy progresses. Fluid volume continues to be around 5 although I'm still leaking. I got just a few ultrasound pictures, but there's no point in posting as you wouldn't be able to tell what you're looking at. The reason I don't have good pictures is due to how Spud 2 is positioned. It's curled up butt and back facing out and with the lack of fluid there's no way to get a clear view of the full body or face. Cousin Ryan brought us lunch which we ate outside in the sunshine. It was a nice way to celebrate turning 28 weeks. I've been here four weeks now.
On Sunday I had another ultrasound to check fluid volume and it showed 6.3 so it appears Spud 2 is healthy in replenishing more amniotic fluid. I continue to have daily blood sugar checks, but I now only have two a day rather than four; my fingers are happy about that! My blood sugars have been fine since the restricted diet and even with outside food. Please continue to pray for the health of Spud 2 and I as well as Jay, Kate, and all the caretakers. You can also pray for fiances as medical bills are starting to trickle in. We thank each and every one in whatever way your helping our family. I'm especially grateful for the frequent visitors because it's definitely helped pass my time. We are blessed by our community. We eagerly await the results of our baby gender poll so don't forget to cast your vote.
Kate's been having lots of fun the last few weeks, going on many adventures.
Jay and Kate find new parks to visit weekly
multitasking-eating bread while shopping
Here's the text from my mom: "Making flower soup, want me to bring you some tomorrow?"
Irvine Spectrum with Yia-yia
train ride
First ferris wheel ride
She learned how to cross her eyes.
Hospital garden
Outdoor fun blowing bubbles with daddy
Thomas clan visits
Thanks to Nana and Aunt Peggy, my window is looking very homey
I get lots of complements
I get lots of complements
Water fun at Nana and Papa's
Here's the closest I get to relaxing at a pool this summer.
In a wheelchair at the hospital garden.
In a wheelchair at the hospital garden.
Today is Jay's birthday. He enjoyed taking Kate to her first water park.
They had a blast although the weather was cool.
Happy Birthday Jay!!!
























4 comments:
Autumn's birthday is August 22nd :)
Thank you for the update, I get a lot of info from Yiayia but not as detailed.
Erica, I'm so glad to hear Spud #2 is thriving, and you're hanging tough. Praying all continues to run smoothly. Also glad you're able to eat a little more, with fewer finger pricks! Sending you a virtual hug.
Haha, I love how the poll shows the results and then asks if you want to change your vote! Not me... I like going against the flow. I think it's another girl! Danielle is such a lovely name... ;)
Love you, mama! I'm so proud of you and how you are handling this challenge. Praying for you, baby, Kate and Jay today. Oh, and happy birthday to Jay! I thought about him yesterday and was going to text you, but my sister left for Missouri and it was super busy. :)
XOXO
Oh, and I think they should wait until August 26 if they are shooting for that week. Eric's birthday is August 26, and Eric is a great name for a boy. What? You have another name? Psh...
Post a Comment