Friday, July 18, 2014

He carries us

As you might imagine I was quite shocked and scared to have had bleeding earlier this week.  We weren't sure if it was the beginning of pre-term labor or not. I was moved back to Labor & Delivery for closer monitoring. They re-started the nasty mag drip and repeated the steroid shots. The lower dose of the mag drip made it more tolerable, but I still felt it's effects. I had a never ending headache, nausea, and felt flushed. It took a whole day to wear off, which is why I just couldn't reply to each email and text that was sent, but was grateful for the encouragement in my time of uncertainty; thank you! I wasn't alone. Amanda and Ryan visited along with my church friend Rylee and Mom spent two nights with me. 

During my few days at Labor and Delivery, Mom and I passed time flipping through magazines. She found this quote that just spoke to us about our faithful community that has surround us. 

"When we are rendered helpless by disease and mortality, 
we have nothing but our faith, our friends, and, above all, our family to carry us. " 
Rod Dreher

It was odd being back in my old room on the L and D unit. It reminded me of where I started, and where I am now. I have returned to the postpartum unit where I was welcomed back and given a room with a better view.

Today I celebrate 29 weeks and my halfway mark. I've been here 5 weeks (a total of 36 days) and have 5 more weeks to go. I really hope this last half goes more quickly and remains uneventful. I'm surprising many how well I'm handling this; keeping calm and sane. Because quite frankly, I'm surprising myself too. I know that it comes from the Lord and from your prayers. I continue to feel at peace.  There are may out there struggling, remember the Lord will carry you too!

"Praise the Lord; praise God our savior!
    For each day he carries us in his arms." 
Psalm 68:19 NLT

No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.