Sunday, August 10, 2014

countdown begins

 Kate enjoying time with Debra
 


On Friday August 1st I woke to this text from hubby: "Happy August! You're in the home stretch!" Then Amanda decorated the white board in my room. 

This milestone couldn't have come at a better time since the previous few days had been emotionally difficult. I was angry, inpatient, feeling done, and antsy to go home. Going outside, showering, and having family visit on the weekend was just the right medicine.


  Enjoying crafts and treats from Canada




playtime


The ob team and I have decided to have a permanent room on Labor and Delivery unit until delivery. I have continuous observation, but still can have some freedom (patio time, showers, and bathroom privileges) without having to constantly go back and forth between L and D and Postpartum units. This seemed to be the best solution since I continue to have intermittent bleeding and fluid changes that would otherwise put me back on L and D anyway.  I have been talking with my ob's, nurses, and NICU staff to get a better understanding of what to expect for delivery and recovery.

Kate camping out in the kitchen.

This past Tuesday I had a fabulous date with my Uncle David. We enjoyed good food and great conversation. I was grateful he stopped in, while down from No. Cal for a conference at Pepperdine University.

On Thursday I knew my mom had planned something special. Kate, my mom, and mother in law came for a visit and planned a formal tea here in my "apartment." They brought in real china, a fragrant bouquet from mom's garden, scones, fruit, tea sandwiches, and tea. We had a blast. We didn't know that my nurse had put up a sign so we wouldn't be disturbed. It was a super special  surprise and got a lot of attention from the hospital staff.
 

 

 
  
 




I must admit it feel good to finally be in the same month as Spud 2's arrival and especially making it to 32 weeks as that was a personal goal of mine. As of Friday (my 32 week mark) Spud #2 weighs 3 lb 9 oz. I like how my parents and Amanda writes notes to each other.
 


When I talked to Yia-yia later that day, 
she raved about how much Kate has improved in swimming lessons. 


Yesterday (Sat) Jay and I celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary. My parents took Kate overnight so Jay could come up and we could have some quality time. Obviously it wasn't quite how we might have planned, but we tried to make the most of it and ended up having more fun then we thought. The news traveled fast amongst hospital staff as we constantly got congratulatory wishes and less disruptions. We choose a nice restaurant to order delivery (recommended by my dietitian). We both had steak with various sides, and the dinner was delicious, exceeding our expectations; thanks Ron and JoAnne! We enjoyed patio time out in the sun, listening to music and playing card games.


 
 

This was slipped in the bag with our dinner order.

Kate had her own fun at IKEA.


Today my parents drove up with Kate and we enjoyed lunch from a new pizza place, then more patio time out in the warm sunshine.  I've been here 59 days and have only 12 days until we hope to meet our baby. Continue to pray for everyone's health and that these last few weeks go by quickly. You know the saying "a watched pot never boils." Gotta make these last days not go at a snails pace.

 



No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.