Friday, August 15, 2014

7

Seven is not just a lucky number or the number of my all time favorite football player, but today it happens to be how many more days until we meet Spud #2!!!! Today is 33 weeks. I've been in the hospital for 9 weeks a total of 64 days. As of yesterday, Spud #2 weighs 4 lbs. I have also read nine books and have already started on my tenth. I'm also officially in the books scheduled for a c-section with tubal ligation (no more kids!) at 11:30am on August 22nd. I can't tell you just how excited and antsy I am to get this show on the road so I can be home with my family. I know Jay, Kate, and her caretakers are just as ready to have me home too. Continue to pray for everyone's health and that we'll be able to be discharged to go home at the same time. Because going from hospital to hotel doesn't sound appealing at all; I want to go home!!! This morning Amanda brought me a celebratory latte and bagel; YUM! It was fun to celebrate this milestone and thought it fitting to have her take a picture of us too.
 

My nurse updated the white board in my room today. 

This week I enjoyed a visit with my friend Diane from grad school. We had a lovely time catching up, reminiscing, and also praising how far I've already survived being here.  Jay and Kate put the toddler bed together earlier this week, and Kate has been doing well sleeping in it at night without getting out of bed. The nighttime transition has been better then I anticipated, but she still needs to make the transition for nap-time. My parents have also been working hard to finish remodeling the kids bathroom and mom washing things for the newborn.



Kate and Debra made Yia-yia a birthday cake and cards on Wednesday.

Park with Daddy. Kate was excited to tell me that they saw a turtle swimming.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear this great news!
We are all continuing to pray for you and your family♡

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear u r doing well! Counting down with you. Praying for safe delivery and healthy baby. Almost there Erica!! Sending hugs :) from Taira , Scott & Ryan

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.