These last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. First off, did anyone catch the ER episode featuring Camp Del Corazon? It was fun to see some of the kids and camp staff on the show. They depicted quite accurately the camp environment which does include: arts & crafts, a climbing rock wall, and doing a special choreographed dance to Blame it on the Boogie by Jackson Five. If you missed the show, check it out by clicking on the camp website www.campdelcorazon.org and following the link to view the episode online. Don't forget to visit my fundraiser page at www.firstgiving.com/et4hearts to view my story and learn about my camp experience.
As you can imagine I have been working more as tax season has come full swing with loads of activity before the dreaded 4/15 deadline. Last weekend I enjoyed a break at Calvary Chapel Conference Center/Bible College in Murietta Hot Springs a beautiful sanctuary where I got refreshed and refueled. This year, our annual women's retreat theme was based off of Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things there is no law." I remember memorizing this verse at family camp one year and have since read it several times. Although this passage is familiar, it's always so amazing how God teaches you new things. Through our speaker CJ Rapp , He deepened my understanding and knowledge of these "graces." We found CJ to be down to earth and a genuine women of God who showed our women the fruits of Christ and how personable He is. I cherished the time of fellowship with the women and the time I spent in His word. I adored the time with my roommates: one who I attend bible study with , and the other the wife of the couple Jay & I did our pre-marital counseling with. I'm thankful that we had our retreat at the same beautiful location. It was a bit chilly, but many of us enjoyed the bits of sun and even got a start on our summer tan. Those of us on the retreat committee were most appreciative of the follow up Mexican dinner the other night paid for by our pastors; thanks guys!
With the state IOU's, the stimulus tax credits, declining job market, and economy, this tax season has been quite interesting. We've been hearing stories of layoffs, people returning to their home countries, real estate scams. It sure has made us count our blessings. The other night I picked up pizza at our local pizzeria on the way home from work. When I saw the tip jar on the counter I couldn't help from laughing; it read "401K." At first it's funny, but then you get to thinking about it, and, its really quite sad. Of course I had to give a dollar, I mean, if not for their future retirement, at least for creativity.
You may be wondering why I titled this post "PEEPS." Well I painted my nails pale yellow or so I thought. It turned out much brighter then I anticipated. I've received some harassment from my family, but many complements from my friends and strangers, go figure. My nails remind me of the traditional yellow Easter PEEPS.
We are so thankful for Easter and the reminder it brings of the sacrifice of Christ.
As we say in Greek:
" Christos Anesti "
(Christ has risen).
As you can imagine I have been working more as tax season has come full swing with loads of activity before the dreaded 4/15 deadline. Last weekend I enjoyed a break at Calvary Chapel Conference Center/Bible College in Murietta Hot Springs a beautiful sanctuary where I got refreshed and refueled. This year, our annual women's retreat theme was based off of Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things there is no law." I remember memorizing this verse at family camp one year and have since read it several times. Although this passage is familiar, it's always so amazing how God teaches you new things. Through our speaker CJ Rapp , He deepened my understanding and knowledge of these "graces." We found CJ to be down to earth and a genuine women of God who showed our women the fruits of Christ and how personable He is. I cherished the time of fellowship with the women and the time I spent in His word. I adored the time with my roommates: one who I attend bible study with , and the other the wife of the couple Jay & I did our pre-marital counseling with. I'm thankful that we had our retreat at the same beautiful location. It was a bit chilly, but many of us enjoyed the bits of sun and even got a start on our summer tan. Those of us on the retreat committee were most appreciative of the follow up Mexican dinner the other night paid for by our pastors; thanks guys!
With the state IOU's, the stimulus tax credits, declining job market, and economy, this tax season has been quite interesting. We've been hearing stories of layoffs, people returning to their home countries, real estate scams. It sure has made us count our blessings. The other night I picked up pizza at our local pizzeria on the way home from work. When I saw the tip jar on the counter I couldn't help from laughing; it read "401K." At first it's funny, but then you get to thinking about it, and, its really quite sad. Of course I had to give a dollar, I mean, if not for their future retirement, at least for creativity.
You may be wondering why I titled this post "PEEPS." Well I painted my nails pale yellow or so I thought. It turned out much brighter then I anticipated. I've received some harassment from my family, but many complements from my friends and strangers, go figure. My nails remind me of the traditional yellow Easter PEEPS.
We are so thankful for Easter and the reminder it brings of the sacrifice of Christ.
As we say in Greek:
" Christos Anesti "
(Christ has risen).
1 comment:
Christos Anesti, Erica!
Post a Comment