I must admit I got this post title from the comment our friend Debbie made on our previous blog post; I thought it most fitting. This morning I was discouraged because I hadn't received word from UCLA. I emailed my case coordinator and by the late afternoon I still had not received a reply.
Then tonight I went to get the mail. There in our mailbox was the authorization approval letter for UCLA! Praise the Lord! I immediately called the UCLA Cardiothoracic Surgery department. Apparently, the team has been waiting for this letter since last week. All the while I thought no one had been contacting insurance or my primary care physician's office yet. This evening I faxed over the letter to the surgery office and have set a TENTATIVE surgery date for Monday May 4th. There are pre-op tests that need to be completed, so hopefully I can get those done and have the results received in time for Monday's tentative surgery. Continue to pray that things coordinate quickly. The worst is to have your mind set on a surgery date, only to have it postponed. I plan to follow up on this tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have more definite news and will share with you then.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. They have given us peace and have encouraged us to continue to trust in God and His timing!
2 comments:
Its amazing that my baby is due on May 4th and your surgery date is May 4th.. wow!
Hi Erica.
I'm sorry I have not been checking my e-mail. I just read your updates. I am keeping you in my prayers for sure. Sending you and your loved ones much love, olga : )
Post a Comment