Tuesday, December 2, 2008

O' Deer

As I mentioned in the post below, we've had some fearless deer this year. On one occasion, my aunt went down past the barn to see what the dogs were barking endlessly at, only to find a deer caught in her fence! It was freed of course, but still! During our long walk my aunt and I enjoyed watching a mother deer and her two children buck and kick and fight; major sibling rivalry! Mother quickly scolded them with a few disciplinary buck kicks to her children to get them to behave. I could just picture her saying "will you two stop it" and when they don't "that's enough!" Maybe she would say like my grandma used to, to her children, "go outside and don't come in until someone starts bleeding." My aunt and I were quite close and just watched this family in awe for several minutes until they pranced away.

No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.