But, we tried again On Fri Dec 19. Jay & I kidnapped his parents and took them on a snow adventure. We made it to the beautiful snow covered desert and mountains. Yes, the snow level was at a record breaking low. The snow was powder up at the Versluys house 2.5 to 3 feet deep and the temperature a 38 degrees. I felt like I was waiting in line at Disneyland as we sat in a line of cars waiting to get into the town of Wrightwood or what I call Winter Wonderland. Poor Danni had to help us push the car in her driveway right when we got there because the tire were spinning. Then we made the short walk to town where we enjoyed lunch. After that, we returned to the Versluys house where we played in their front yard. We warmed up to some homemade brownies (best I've ever had!) and coffee before we said goodbyes to go back down the mountain. I'm sorry to admit I didn't take any pictures of me holding Danni & Eric's newest daughter Quincy. And Eric sorry you had to work, we missed seeing you! We loaded a few coolers with snow and met Jay's brother Jim, his wife, & kids back at Jay's folks where we had an awesome snowball fight! For those concerned ones, Wrightwood is 6,200 feet. I can't explain how I felt, other then just feeling "off." But, it was tolerable enough I could enjoy a few hours in the snow and I didn't get a headache like I usually do. I felt better (as usual) once I was back at sea level. Here's the best of the pictures, and following this post is a sideshow with many more. Enjoy!


I'm in Heaven
I need help getting up
My beautiful Snow Angel
Snow Friends Forever- Danni & I
Little Quincy
Snow Fight
Merry Christmas!
and Happy New Year!May it SNOW blessings in 2009!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment