Tuesday, December 23, 2008

bringing in the season

I feel like in a wink it went from Thanksgiving to Christmas. So, I'm sorry that I haven't kept up with the blog like I hoped to in my last post. To start the holiday season, and to start it of right I might add, began with a Woman's Christmas Supper at my home church. Proceeding that was a wonderful gift by my best friend Richelle & her daughter Roxie, to go for dinner and then attend Sattleback Church's annual Christmas musical entitled A Classic Christmas hosted by the hilarious Michael Burger. The musical was based off the old classic Christmas tv specials that featured artists like Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Andy Williams, and Perry Como. This musical featured Saddleback's own talented singers, orchestra, dancers, and actors. The talent was spectacular! My favorite was how they matched the voices of then to the voices of now; particularly Louis Armstrong. A guy came out playing trumpet and then began to sing just like Louis, who has a very unique voice. And then I couldn't help but get chills as the large choir surrounded the audience and sang. I thought to myself that this must be like the Angels singing in Heaven.


Roxie is spoiled because she knows Aunt Erica will always give her coins to throw into the fountains. The following week my bible study had a Christmas Brunch to end our study through Ephesians as we'll take a break and resume after the New Year.

We've also celebrated at work with all of the employees and significant others attending a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater show. Because this required participation from each attendee it made for a hilarious fun time. Jay got a big debut when he was called upon to act out the entire murder scene. My shy husband definitely and surprisingly gave the audience what they wanted. Here is our office Christmas Newsletter Photo.

And in between some of our seasonal happening, we've had a wonderful visit from Jay's aunt & uncle. I have never met them, and well, they hadn't seen Jay since he was 12, so as you can imagine we had a lot of catching up and reacquainting to do. We have more Canadians flocking to California so we'll post picts of our reunions soon. My guess is they're avoiding the winter weather!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

You definitely keep us entertained with your blogs!
Love you! Peggy

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.