A blue jay outside the kitchen window.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I found it... Fall that is
I've only had a shiver once since I've been up in No. Cal. I've been soaking up the cool brisk fresh air. Much different weather then what I left behind. Late at night or early morning I find myself drawn to the outdoors. I am especially fond of the mornings here. The air is cold and still and the animals are out; they are fearless. Birds scurry across the porch as if being chased, squirrels explore in the trees, blue jays hop about, hummingbirds quickly move from flower to flower, and the deer wander into our driveway! I've enjoyed watching the tree outside the kitchen window change color with each passing day. In the afternoons I like to watch the fog roll in over the hills and engulf us. Crossing the Bay Bridge and watching the fog creep it's way over the city was a highlight of the trip grandma and I took to get the live crab for the traditional welcoming penne arrabiata pasta with crab dinner. I love it up here. It's like everything becomes alive here. I come alive here. I love how the big San Fran city is just a 45 min drive and yet, here I am in what seems like the wilderness. And the little town here is quaint; antique buildings, small boutiques and shops, each with unique treasures. It's like my senses become aroused here.
A blue jay outside the kitchen window.
A blue jay outside the kitchen window.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.
No comments:
Post a Comment