Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer is here

There's nothing like kicking off the new season at the beach with friends and seeing dolphins on your first adventure of the summer. Erin and I enjoyed a nice picnic and watched dolphins for our entertainment. A nice size pod swimming within in the buoy near shore. Since we were on a cliff, we had a great view, 
not sure those down below on the beach could see all the action.


 

 Later, Silvia joined us and we headed down to the tide pools.
I think we look like kids, exploring the pools for creatures.




 before
 after
 Watch out Erin; look behind you!









 sea anemone



In all my times tide pooling at this beach, 
I have never seen so many varieties of shells. 
Here's my collection:
It turned out to be a beautiful and fun June day!


No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.