Friday, June 3, 2011

Spud is growing


Mid May Spud received it's first gift.  It was a wonderful surprise! Yet, strange for us to open our first "baby" gift together. A cute outfit and a very practical book that will come in handy for mom and dad. It's hard to believe that Spud will one day be the size of the clothes, when now it's only about the size of a lime. Thanks Joy and Matt!

That same week, Spud had it's second OB appointment.  The team hadn't planned to do an ultrasound, but because I had one incidence of light spotting since our first visit, they proceeded to run an ultrasound. Since the OB was so late seeing patients, our OB and his resident had to re-boot the ultrasound machine since the tech had already left for the day. The team didn't know how to run the machine all that well, but they helped each other along so we got to see Spud and hear it's heart beat once again, but unfortunately didn't get a photo to take home. It was a relief to know that despite my one incident, it's still growing well. Spud has developed more since our first visit. We got to see it's head, arms, and hands. Jay also got to get a glimpse of the umbilical cord.

We picked up Spud's first toy while waiting to be seen.  Sock monkeys have sentimental value to us because Jay bought me a larger one at the same shop the first surgery I had while we were dating. I wanted Spud to have one from us, and luckily the shop was still in business.

 

Today I'm beginning my 13th week of pregnancy. Since the above appointment, I had a migraine, and have been battling backaches, but OB doesn't appear concerned. We don't go back until mid June.

A small preview of telling family about Spud. 
Turn up the volume and enjoy this video from Jay 
(watch to the very end).



3 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm loving your posts. To watch the video was wonderful--God's blessings pour down on all family members with your special news. Hugs to all.

Nicol said...

OMGosh! Sooo happy for you :D !!!!
I can't wait to see lil baby, I'm gonna start saving now so I can come while "spud" is still small. I'm soo excited already.

Richelle said...

So precious!!! So glad you got responses on tape! What a wonderful Mother you will be Erica...and you Jay a great Father. We are praying for a wonderful pregnancy and delivery...we love you and are here for you, a phone call away. xoxoxoxo
Love you, Richelle

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.