It's that time of year again. Today we spent at UCLA for my annual Echo and biannual routine cardiology appointment. Everything continues to look good and my heart remains healthy. We discussed more of what to expect for my pacemaker battery change. Unfortunately we still have a vague time line, but at least we have a better understanding of how it will go. He did say that for me since my pacemaker is placed at a more unusual and complicated location that I would have to spend a day and a half at the hospital for the operation. Usually if the surgery is done in the morning people can go home the same day. But, as I expected I will need to stay overnight. He also doesn't think there will be a problem getting authorization from my insurance to have it done up there which is what I would prefer. So all in all it was a good visit.
During our break in between appointments Jay and I grabbed some lunch and then went to check out the new UCLA Ronald Regan Medical Center/Hospital. This will be where I have my operation and also the hospital that the company my dad works for has been working on. We were amazed, it's beautiful! Everything is modern looking; white walls, marble floors, beautiful glass. A lot nicer then what I imagined it to be and ten times better then the old hospital! We got a feel for the layout of the place: admissions, waiting room, cardiology unit, and of course social work and the large cafeteria! :) We don't know what the rooms look like, but if it's anything like the lobby, they should be nice as well. It was neat to finally see the end result of the hospital. We've watched the progression with each visit up there. From the large hole in the ground, to structural beams, to this magnificent building. The entire UCLA facility has come a long way since my first visits there when I was six. Check out the spotlight section for photos of the new hospital. http://www.uclahealth.org/default.cfm
No comments:
Post a Comment