So while everyone is back to school I'm attempting to be the ultimate house wife. I have made it a point to try a new recipe at least once a week as well as getting back to making home cooked dinners rather then convenience foods which we grew accustomed to while I was in school. We both are enjoying these leisurely dinners instead of me rushing off to my studies. My list of projects in need of organization or cleaning is endless. For starters, I'm working on going though school stuff, including emptying my backpack (I'm hoping there's no food in there) and determining what to keep and what to toss or shred. I have found to have wasted several trees. You'd think with teachers doing things online there would be less papers, but no!
I also have joined a women's bible study as well as doing a one on one study with my friend. It's been six years since the last one I was involved in because of school and work commitments or conflicts. I'm so excited to be back into studying God's word and having fellowship with other women. And since no more textbooks or homework I'm enjoying pleasure reading; finally! I'm also catching up on movies and tv shows which I fell behind with. And as with any exhausting adventure you find you need to catch up on sleep. At first I slept in a lot, but now I'm getting into a routine. I also have had the opportunity to catch up with friends and spend time with family now that they have returned from numerous trips to Colorado. I've spoken with Pa-pou since Yia-yia's passing and he is doing quite well considering. Yia-yia would have turned 91 just this past Monday. Pa-pou appreciated the bread I sent out for the post 30 day service and the extra loaf just for him. We're hoping he'll come visit us soon.
In addition, I have been catching up with regular doctor appointments. On Monday I had a follow up appointment about my stomach issues and all the tests came back normal. She had found no evidence of anything concerning and therefore no diagnosis was given. For this I am relieved, however, I know that I will have to make adjustments to my diet and may require the medication she prescribed on occasion when any flare up occurs. I have an upcoming cardiology appointment which will include the annual echo. I'll keep everyone abreast of that. Speaking of hearts, Jay, my mom, and I went to Body Worlds 3 to see the heart exhibit. It was AMAZING! We got to see an artificial heart, implanted pacemaker, a stent, a valve replacement, and other various heart equipment and such. We also saw diseased hearts, hearts with holes in them, and animal hearts including a giraffe (quite large) and a chicken (very small). We were "all eyes" as we finally got to see things that we hear so much about in the heart world we live in.
Jay and I along with his family have been enjoying watching our eldest nephew play in team sports. I have officially deemed myself as the President of Kellen's fan club. We are so very proud and have a blast watching him play. So far Blue Thunder is 2-0 and deserving of a thunderous applause.
And since it's now officially football season, we've been avidly watching the Bronco games; Bronco fever is back.

So although I'm unemployed and done with schooling, this dull time is still quite busy. But I'll keep searchin' and you keep prayin' for the perfect job.
2 comments:
Hope you find something just right...in the meantime, it sounds like you're really making the most of the time to yourself!
Wow, I would love to have time to try a new recipe every week... sounds like your making lemonade!!
Good luck with the job search, you will find the right one when the time is right. Oh and your bread was awesome!! (much better than the store bought doughnut holes I brought) :)
Post a Comment