That was then...It is amazing that just last Saturday we have been married 5 years. At times if feels like just yesterday, while at others it seems we should be married longer considering we have been together now 9 years. Last Friday Jay & I headed out to the Morongo Casino Resort and Spa in Cabazon close to Palm Springs for a celebratory adventure. After a very emotionally exhausting two weeks, it was just the retreat we needed. Some of you might be surprised that I have never adventured Las Vegas due to the desert high altitude, so the Morongo provided a bit of everything: desert, mountains, resort/pools, and gambling!
Then we headed back out to the pool for a night swim. The pool was lit up with changing colored lights. Daily we gambled intermittently until our wallets were bare. On Sunday after check out we headed to Palm Springs. We didn't last long there because of the heat, but hope to go back for a more leisurely tour. We cooled indoors at a mexican restaurant for lunch then traveled over to La Quinta where it was even hotter 110 to visit our friends Dave & Jen and their newborn daughter Emma (born 8/8/08).
and this is now.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!
you know whats weird, Chris and I have been together 9 years, married 5 on our anniversary too. :)
Congratulations!! I still have great memories of your beautiful wedding - it's amazing how much has happened since then!
Love to you both!
Post a Comment