While Jay was off resting in the mountains, I too was on a little hiatus. I joined my mom for her church retreat. This marked the first retreat I could attend with my former church because this year it was in low altitude.

The retreat theme was "God's Peace for your Overwhelmed Life" based on the book
When Women Long for Rest by Cindi McMenamin. If you click on the book title it will send you to her website. Cindi was the retreat speaker and God used her to speak through to the women. The speaker, the book, and the workshops made for a very enriching retreat. Here is us with Cindi.
I knew that since my mom was in charge of putting on the retreat, the weekend wouldn't be as relaxing for her. So I made an attempt to not only help out when I could, but also setting aside time to pamper ourselves. Don't ask me how we did it, but we managed to hop onto the double sink no counter bathroom counter where we exfoliated our feet, and soaked them in soothing fizz. We then resorted to the bed where we massaged each others feet. It was a great time, and very relaxing! The following evening during free time mom rested while I stayed up with some women to play Catch Phrase which turned out to be a quite competitive rousing game. I saw a whole other side to some wonderful Godly women; it was a blast!

No comments:
Post a Comment