On my actual birthday I celebrated by going on an adventure. Jay's family and dear friend Nancy and her family have been going to Oak Glen for years to visit the apple orchards and I have wanted to be apart of the tradition. So for my birthday we took a trip up to the mountains for a day in the apple orchards. Jay, my inlaws, Nancy, and my mom joined me for my birthday adventure.
The following evening we celebrated by going out to dinner with my family and then enjoying the apple pie at home for dessert while we watched a movie and I opened presents.
The birthday celebration continued throughout the month. I met up with friends for meals and enjoyed the annual Oktoberfest as well as meet up with my high school girlfriends to celebrate October birthdays.
Yeah October birthdays.
The old saying may be true; and apple a day keeps the doctor away. Not only indulging in the deliciousness of fresh apples, but immersing yourself in the orchards, breathing fresh air with the sweetest sent of apples is perhaps just as appetizing, healthy, and healing, if not more. Thank you for my birthday adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment