Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Recent Happenings

Sorry for the long post, but so much has happened since I last published. I hope that you enjoy this post packed full of  great pictures!

I was sure not to pass up a photo opportunity when I eyed a pillow bin at Ikea.


Just after Easter we enjoyed a visit from Jay's cousin Alex and his friend James from Canada. They were both stoked to have Jay teach them to surf. We also took them to In n Out, a stroll down the pier, and watching Nolan play t-ball. A highlight of our time spent was when Nana got Kate to laugh. We hope they'll visit again soon.




Bundled up for t-ball

Enjoying the koi pond with Yia-yia

Saying her prayers

In her Rainbow Brite outfit, or what my thyroid doctor calls her Crayola Crayon outfit

End of April early May, Kate got what initially appeared to be a kidney infection. She had tummy pain once, and fevers off and on for over a week. I had to take her to urgent care twice and a few additional doctors appointments later. After being treated with antibiotics, she was back to her old happy self.

Early May, Jay and I enjoyed a night out to see Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl. The concert was awesome, very entertaining, and the energy from the fans was amazing!


In early May I took Kate to have her hand/foot prints done professionally since we didn't do it at birth. Kate did great and we can't wait to see the final product. 



Mother's Day was spent with my family for a bbq lunch, and with Jay's family for dinner. Throughout the day we remembered that a year ago was when we told the family of our pregnancy. Then we'd look at Kate and smile at this beautiful miracle.








Mid May, Kate had her 6mo check up. She grows at her own pace, but continually meets all developmental milestones. She likes to drink ice water, hold her own bottle, chew/knaw at things, and is close to crawling. After receiving the ok from her pediatrician, she's started on solid foods. To date she enjoys bananas, apples, zucchini, sweet potatoes, and yellow squash.

I'm 6 months old!

Thanks Nolan for the Baby Bullet!




She enjoyed a trip through the garden shop and lunch with mommy and Debra.


 
On May 20th we enjoyed the view of the eclipse during cloud breaks. Did you catch a glimpse?




The end of May was spent with Kate's great grandparents and great Aunt Peggy who visited. We enjoyed many days and dinners as a family all together.









 

On May 25th we enjoyed celebrating with Bryan who graduated with honors from CSULB. Bryan achieved his Bachelors of Science in Geology and was the Outstanding Baccalaureate in the Geology Department having the highest GPA (3.81) and receiving the prestigious Robert D. Rhodes award. He's lucky enough to already have a full time position waiting for him at the firm he presently is an intern at. He's gearing up to leave for a month to do geo-mapping to fulfill the last of his graduation requirements. We look forward to a bigger celebration upon his return.
Bryan carrying the sign during the processional




Yesterday Kate and I went shopping. She enjoyed her first time riding in the cart. But when she was shopped out, I had to put her in long ways so she could nap.



No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.