Friday, October 21, 2011

baby shower

Spud and I were showered with love and plenty of gifts to feather our nest. By my request, it wasn't the typical baby shower with games. Instead, it was a tea in an intimate garden setting where we celebrated our miracle. I asked that the shower theme revolve around the verse God gave me as we started our family planning journey. 

My friend Erica lead a time of prayer (because at her shower prayer time was the catalyst to family planning) and my friend Debra lead a brief devotional providing the symbolic historic and biblical background of the theme verse and paralleling that to parenthood.

Here's some highlights:
Entrance

Hostess

Backyard



Delicious food: scones, fruit, tea sandwiches, cupcakes, deviled eggs, etc. 
I wasn't the only one who went back for seconds!


Friends



The Prego Erica's

 

 



Gifts 

This is just a quarter of all that we were showered with!

Painting done by Aunt Peggy


Handmade baby sling from Uncle Bryan and Aunt Christina

 

Baby carrier

Yia-yia's brag book


Baby Bullet, a must have according to our youngest nephew.
Thank you Nolan! 

No way, a sock monkey blanket!
 

Thank you grandma and grandpa as every child needs overalls
 

Handmade beanies and blanket from Nana

Boy or girl only time will tell (be sure to place your vote on the poll)



Family

Mother/Daughter

Aunts



Sisters





Jay's reaction to seeing all the gifts.
I'm sure he's thinking "where are we going to put all this?"

While the girls enjoyed the shower, 
"the guys" went for lunch and brews at BJ's and then for a walk at the pier.




















2 comments:

Debbie said...

It looks so very perfect!! Hugs to all.

Nicol said...

So you are 3 weeks before Trent and 5 weeks before Autumn!!! I'm sooooo excited :D Wish I could have been there, and I will be sending something soon. Stay comfortable these last weeks, and enjoy each other, cuz it about to get hectic!!! (enjoy that too) <3

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.