Not long ago while watching the news, I viewed the most bizarre and yet interesting environmentally friendly story. Many of you might remember making handmade paper during your childhood days; ripping up pieces of used paper, turning it into pulp in the blender, then carefully placing it into the felted mold where you add starch, etc... The people at
Sheep Poo Paper in the UK have taken the concept of traditional paper making to a whole new level. Using super-fresh sterilized sheep poo and other by product pulp fibers with the traditional paper making techniques, they are able to produce environmentally friendly paper known as Sheep Poo Paper. They make stationary, wedding invitations (can I just say gross!), photo/art prints, bookmarks, and even air fresheners aka Poo-Pourri. Well, we all know that poo floats, so why not venture to make a canoe? That's exactly what these guys are working on. They have built a canoe frame and have covered it with their Sheep Poo Paper. They're trying to make it seaworthy enough so they can paddle the channel to France. Who would have thought
Little Bo Peep's sheep waste would be so useful.


To read more about how Sheep Poo Paper is made, products sold, or about the Poo Canoe, visit this link to
Sheep Poo Paper.
You'll think differently the next time you flush!
1 comment:
OK, that's just weird. And I'm with you--wedding invitations??? I don't think so...
Post a Comment