Recently I got together with my longtime friend Erica (no this isn't a typo) for a day of fellowship and baking. We set out to make Biscotti (Click for link{in bold} to the recipe. We used the almond extract version & added sliced almonds). This was my first time EVER baking Biscotti. We were so pleased because they turned out perfectly. I must say they are divine when you dunk them in your coffee. Biscotti was much easier to make than I anticipated. In fact, now it's become my "new thing" to bake.
Here's a picture of the first batch of Almond Biscotti I made at home on my own as a treat for my in law's travels; they turned out deliciously.
Biscotti logs cooling before slicing and baking them for a second time.
In the words of Julia Child in her book My Life In France, " This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook-try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!"
So... go, be fearless!
3 comments:
I love that entry, Erica. You would probably like MFK Fisher, if you like Julia's France writing.
Sorry that you've been sick. Glad you're taking it easy.
Hey Erica! The biscotti looks great - I couldn't find the recipe on your blog (maybe just missed it?) Can you email it to me?
~Keri
I'm glad you enjoyed learning to make biscotti. They're one of my favorite cookies. It was nice to hang out with you :)
Post a Comment