I can't believe that it's been nearly two months since our last post, it's time we bring you up to date. I must admit that I choose the 4H logo background in honor of St. Patrick's Day and because recently I found my 4H uniform and all my prized ribbons from the OC Fair from years ago. To start off, we celebrated Valentine's Day with a dinner party hosted by my bosses/dearest friends, with several other friends. We enjoyed a delicious dinner, great fellowship, and learning a new card game "Golf". Later that month, I put my Biscotti baking skills to great use by selling packaged bags to raise scholarship funds for our church's upcoming women's retreat. I sold five for $5 raising nearly $100.


I also have been busy working as tax season has come full swing. In addition, I've been teaching bible study more frequently, which challenges me in my walk with God and my leadership skills. Recently my good friend Brianne came over for pizza and a chic flick while both our guys had to work late. I was taken by surprise when I opened the pizza box.

Needless to say, it was the yummiest pizza EVER and without hesitation, I accepted her request. I am honored to return the favor of being apart of their wedding.
Recently, I had the pleasure of reuniting with a friend of mine from Jr. High after finding each other on Facebook. This was a blessing as we met for breakfast and caught up on the last decade!

Last weekend, Jay & I ventured out by accepting our first babysitting gig with our nephews. While Jay was at work we enjoyed making puppets and coloring.



Our oldest nephew anxiously awaited his uncle to arrive asking me periodically what time it was and counting down the minutes until he'd be joining us. Once Jay arrived he was immediately asked to build a Star Wars Lego set and he happily accepted the task. He treated Jay like he was working in a factory and a member of a union. We couldn't help but laugh and make wise cracks when he informed Jay he could take his break now. Jay hoped he got good benefits. It was hilarious. We even had a bit of quiet while the youngest napped and the oldest played Wii; Jay kept on building the Lego set. After Jay's brother and wife returned we all enjoyed a nice family dinner at Islands.




Last week I was most surprised to hear from my cousin Ryan and the news that he'd be in town and would like to visit. He was visiting friends in Manhattan Beach and had time before he would catch his plane back home to Colorado, so my parents, brother, and I drove up to pick him up and enjoy the afternoon together. We took a drive up to Santa Monica Pier, a place that our family (except Bryan) hadn't been to in over 17 years. It was just as much an adventure for us as it was for Ryan, and my brother made an excellent tour guide! We ate a late lunch or early dinner, at
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and then strolled the pier and 3rd Street Promenade while enjoying all the street performers and the amazing coastal view.






And last night a few friends from church gathered to say farewell to our favorite Christian band,
Delirious. Some may remember that this band played a special part in our dating relationship as well as our wedding. We enjoyed many date nights at their concerts and after an email to them, we got to meet them in person. After being announced Mr. and Mrs. we walked down the isle as a married couple to one of their songs, titled Everything which appears on the playlist. It was a bittersweet concert knowing that the band's original drummer had already left (they had a stand in for the concert tour) and that after Delirious finished their current tour, the band would call it quits. It's unlikely, we feel, that we'll ever see them in concert again so we were extra excited to be in attendance at last night's concert hosted at the
House of Blues in Anaheim. It was a first for us attending a concert in this venue, and it was AWESOME! Although we can't be front row roadies anymore because of my pacemaker, we still enjoyed standing very close about a yard from the band. We got up close and personal when Martin (lead vocalist) decided to join the crowd. Fans just in front of us where holding him up, it was spectacular. Below are some highlights from the show along with a few videos. To all our Delirious fans... enjoy!
Martin as Mickey Mouse, after all the concert was at Downtown Disney!

Nothing beats up close and personal.


Mega loud!

Martin reading from the Bible


Farewell and THANK YOU Martin, Stu G., Jon, Tim, & Stew (and your back up)!!!

Love your die hard fans!

No comments:
Post a Comment