Thursday, October 11, 2012

more firsts

First time Kate fell asleep during dinner.
Picking cousin Nolan up from school and him reading to Kate.
First visit to The Bass Pro Shop
In July we had our first family vacation. We choose to make it somewhat easy and close by visiting Uncle Matt and Aunt Julie in San Diego. We had such a great time, we've decided to do it more often.

We explored Balboa Park visiting the Car Museum for the Steam Punk exhibit, Botanical Building, and Natural History Museum to see the Titanic exhibit. Kate loved their iceberg where she could touch the cold wet ice. Since it was such a hot day, many kids and adults cooled off in the fountain, and of course Kate couldn't pass up water!





 Frank Sinatra's Car


 








 
 


Bath time

 Celebrated Jay's birthday at the beach then a yummy Mexican dinner.
 









 





 





 


Our last day we went to the local Farmer's Market then to Julie and Matt's friend's pool.
It was a great first vacation; thanks Julie and Matt!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I loved the one of Kate and Jay with their faces in the holes... So funny!

I can't believe that girl is almost a year old and I haven't met her!

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness that smile...it just lights up!! What a beauty you have. I see joy!!
So fun to see all that you have been up to!

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.