After being given a good clean bill of health, mom and I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon shopping, having lunch, and seeing the movie Julie and Julia. The only negative part of the day was the endless harassing my mom gave me because of her suspicions that we had something up our sleeves planned. Little did she know it wasn't actually planned ON her birthday.
The next day my aunt Peggy and uncle David drove down from Northern California to bring my mom her present; a wooden bench David made. While mom was at the pottery studio, Bryan and I anxiously awaited their arrival. I cleaned up the house and guest bedroom as mom swore she'd be mad if anyone came out for her birthday to a messy house! We thought mom would be home before they got there, but mom didn't cooperate. They got there WAY before she showed up. It was fun, because we started the party without her. We were out in the back yard sipping David's famous margaritas and enjoying homemade guacamole. We hid all the evidence including their car and once we heard her pull up, David and Peggy quickly hid on the side of the house. I called out to mom that we were in the back, and when she least expected it, they snuck up behind her for a surprise. We enjoyed dinner together and the following night a more "official" birthday dinner. Happy Birthday Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment