Last Saturday our fish Peewee Finnagin went to be with Jesus. He had been a source of entertainment over the years as we observed him swim, watch tv with us, survived earthquakes together, and shared breakfast with Jay daily. We could tell over the last months that he has been suffering. His back grew crooked, he didn't eat much, and slept a lot. Towards the end he stopped eating completely. It was sad to watch and are glad he's now at peace. I'm a bit embarrassed to say we gave him the royal flush. Peewee had been with us for two years (I had gotten him for Jay's birthday) and that's the average for beta fish to live.
Jay didn't wait too long grieving, for that very day he ran an errand and came back with a new fish. He picked a younger, smaller beta; bright red he says to match our house decor. He's named him Conan after
Conan O'Brien. Conan has made his bowl home after giving it a through inspection and swimming freely, he made his bubble-nest. We look forward to his company.
Here's Conan in his new home.
1 comment:
ohhhh noooo! Peewee will be missed. I never knew his other name was Finnagin Hilarious. As for the new fish, I love him already, with a name like Conan whats not to love. I would say he should have a play date with Felipe but what wouldn't end well.
Post a Comment