Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happenings

So finally this last week I got in to see my doctor to figure out the stomach problems I continue to have. It appears it's not a food allergy which I thought. She believes it's either Irritable Bowel or Gastritis. She ran some blood work and I also have to schedule to have an Upper GI x-ray test. She also put me on an antacid daily for two months. I will have a follow up appointment in 1 month.

I didn't plan on going back to the doctor, but didn't even make it a week before they saw my face again. On Sunday Jay & I along with his parents were getting ready to go to the weekly concert in the park. I was on the curb climbing into their van when..SMACK! It wasn't just a bump on the head, it definitely was much more then that. Needless to say, I am now stuck home for the rest of the week with a CONCUSSION! Yep, I haven't had one of these since I was in preschool. I have a constant migraine headache and what the doctor describes as sea sickness...nausea, vomiting, lightheaded, and sea legs. He said I should be feeling better by Friday, but it could take up to two weeks before I feel totally normal again. I never knew that getting in your car could be so dangerous!

Other happenings include moving Yia-Yia into a nursing home permanently. This has been especially hard on her husband Pa-Pou who continues to reside in the assisted living. The nursing home is in the process of putting Yia-Yia on Comfort Care and moving her into a room closer to the nursing station. This is to keep a better watch on her as she continues to have unstable blood pressure and more recently took a fall out of bed. She sure is hanging in there and we are so thankful for that. On the other side of the family my mom's uncle passed away this morning. My parents plan to take another short trip for the funeral and also to visit Yia-Yia and Pa-Pou. Please continue to pray for our family as we heal and accept these realities.

No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.