Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Graduate

It’s official; I’m an MSW now! Can you believe it? I sure can’t. Graduation came and went so quickly; too quickly in fact. I was completely dazed; it was so surreal. It may have been from the lack of sleep from the night before since I was so excited and nervous. I kept telling myself during the ceremony, this is it! I’ve gone through hell and back to get to today, and then before I knew it, the day was gone! Thankfully the weather held up fine, it wasn’t too hot. The social work reception and ceremony was nice. There were tons more social work students then when I graduated with my BASW, in fact there were more MSW graduates then ever before and also then the other departments which I suppose is why all the speakers and many of those who received awards were MSW’s. We represented the profession profoundly which I feel is a great way to exit. I had a total of 12 fans in the audience which made for a great choir of shouting voices when my name was called as you’ll hear in the video. Also kudos to my mother in law who watched the live webcast and routed for me as well. It was also special when I walked through the field of confetti into the ceremony to be dumped with confetti by the Director of Disabled Student Services who helped me with my thesis. It was also special that the first row in the ceremony where many social work professors and faculty including my thesis advisor and one of my teachers who was there during my BASW ceremony. Another “special” part of the day was my group’s teacher “hooding” me before I walked up on stage. How awesome and proud she was. After the ceremony and the photo shoot we all headed for frozen yogurt to cool off after our sun burns. Then we went to my parents to a Stonefire catered dinner. It was so awesome to spend the day with my dearest family and friends. Thank you for making this special day more special!

No comments:

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.