Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bonfire, Brews, and Breakfast

Last weekend my friend Nicole and I hosted a bonfire for all 2008 MSW graduates. We had about 26 total show up for the evening. We had fun eating hot dogs, roasting marshmallows for smores, and using our thesis and other school papers as kindling! Once the lifeguards kicked us out at 10pm for beach closing, half of us headed off to the House of Brews bar for drinks. We stayed there until very early morning and then me and a few friends went to Denny's for breakfast. It was such a fun time to be totally done with school and have fun with the friends I've made without complaining about teachers, assignments, or thesis. Graduation is only a few days away; I can't believe it!

I also want to thank all of you who have kept me and my family in your prayers these past few weeks!! I've had two doctors appointments since the last posting. My pacemaker doctor feels that things are well and doesn't seem concerned about the high heart rate. I also finally got an estimate that my battery will need to be changed via surgery in 16 months. I'm hoping to do that before my 30th birthday next October. Also all the repeat lab work came back normal and so my thyroid doctor believes there is no tumor and that the labs were abnormal because of my stomach illness. We went over all the lab work to gain a thorough understanding. The "abnormal" levels were just slightly shy from "normal". I explained to her the continued stomach problems and she has suggested I follow up with my primary care physician for further evaluation. I plan to do just that after all the graduation festivities. I also want to let you know my grandma (yia-yia) is doing well and the family is making arrangements to move her from the nursing home back to assisted living where her husband resides.

So thank you again for all your prayers and support. Please pray the doctors will have the wisdom to figure out these stomach issues as well as good weather and fun for the graduation festivities coming up; which I will post pictures of. Enjoy the pictures below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erica...What a leader you are!!!! Also, I am so glad you have a "no tumor" diagnosis from your Dr. Just one month at a time.

Congrats on graduation. It was yesterday. Looking forward to your party tomorrow night.

Love ya, Julie

Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.