Friday, April 25, 2008
Retreating with a Test A Mint
No, it's not a retreat to the kitchen for some mint chocolate chip ice cream; although that sounds quite refreshing. Last Friday I loaded my packed bags and headed off with my dear friend Debra and my new friend Dena for a weekend to my first ever women's church retreat. Our retreat committee had been planning and praying for a break that would refresh our souls. The retreat served as a great opportunity to meet new friends, take an in depth look at God's beauty, and relax in the natural hot springs and Russian spa. I also was invited to share my testimony (thanks to Phyllis); my journey that God has taken me through and my relationship with Him along the way. The retreat theme was based off Psalm 90:17 "And the BEAUTY of the Lord our God be upon us..." Discussions and speaker content revolved around what true beauty is compared to the world's distorted view of beauty. True beauty is not your physical appearance: your waist size, your bust size, your height; nor is it ego, accomplishments, or how much money you're worth. For true beauty is found deep within the heart and soul where the Holy Spirit resides, and is viable through our eyes to the depths of our hearts. True beauty is motivation, humility, brokenness, and confidence in Christ. It is perseverance, character, hope, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. The retreat was refreshing like mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was unfortunate that I was ill during the trip with some viral stomach flu; I continue to make a slow recovery. Believe me; I'd love more then anything to stuff my tummy with mint chocolate chip ice cream. Please look back for added pictures to the slide show below. May the Beauty of the Lord be upon you this week and through out this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just click on a picture to ENLARGE.
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful week learning of God's love. His love is what ultimately makes us beautiful! I love it. Wish I could have been there with you guys! I hope your tummy feels better soon! Shelly
Post a Comment